Wednesday 24 April 2013

We welcome a new designer at HKD. Scarlett has come Full Circle

“It was one of the oddest surprises for me joining HKD in Margate. I have lived and worked most my life in London but am now back in the home town of my family.
My grandfather used to own sweet shops a stones throw away from Marine Studios.It is really odd to picture him making rock candy in the 1970’s . My mums stories of growing up in Margate include tales of dolphin aquariums near the Nayland Rock Hotel (can this be true?) and being the first child to live in Arlington house. My own childhood memories include avoiding the Scenic Railway I much preferred the tea cups!”
Scarlett is now based in Margate, she is busy designing space exhibits for Hong Kong. Strange how things work out!


No comments:

Post a Comment